How to apply to ENAC
In order to obtain a PFAW for flying in Italy all RPAS Pilots have to apply to ENAC for a:
- Declaration: for non-critical and critical operations in standard scenarios;
- Authorization: for critical operations not included in standard scenarios.
First of all, foreign Pilots have to convert their License into the Italian one recognized by ENAC.
We offer a Conversion Course (in partnership with the Flight School Aerovision for helping them to convert their Pilot Attestation and obtain the Italian Tax code. If you want to know more, click here.
The second step for the Pilots who already have an Italian License is to collect all the required documentation:
- Operations Manual;
- Flight Manual;
- Maintenance Manual;
- RPAS Configuration System Document;
- Risk Assessment;
- Flight trials document;
- Flight Logbook;
- Medical License;
- RPAS Serial Numbers and tags.
Once the documents are ready, the Pilot can fill in and submit the online Declaration Form for non-critical / standard scenarios operations or the Authorization for critical operations.
We offer our support to collect all the required documentation, fill in and send the forms, following the process until publication by ENAC.
- Compilation and filling of the Declaration: 600,00 € + VAT;
- Compilation and filling of the Application for the Authorization:
- 900,00€ + VAT if the operator provides the safety assessment including calculation of the buffer;
- 1200,00 € + VAT if we provide the operator with the safety risk assessment.
94,00€ for the Declaration for non-critical/standard scenarios operations;
309,00€ for the Authorization to critical operations in no-standard scenarios
– The Declaration for non-critical /standard scenarios operations is published on the website more or less 48h after the submission;
– The Authorization for critical operations not falling into standard scenarios requires more time,depending on the complexity of the operative scenario.
RPAS registration on D-Flight website