On December 8, 9 and 10, the kick-off meeting of the new EU project Flying Forward 2020 (FF2020) has been virtually held to present the framework of activities agreed on common goals and results by the 12 partners of the consortium.
Promoted within the Horizon2020 Framework Programme, FF2020 embraces the necessity to offer a new mobility solution facing the emerging societal needs of the XXI century, such as security and environmental sustainability. FF2020 is convinced that Urban Air Mobility (UAM) is the best solution to do it, by assuring the transportation of both people and freight in a safe, secure and effective way, and making life easier, cheaper and sustainable. To enable UAM, FF2020 conceives an Urban Airspace redesigning existing infrastructures, adapting regulatory frameworks and the provision of the services. FF2020 adopts a citizen-centred approach assuring safety, security, sustainability and business-efficient services.
As partner project of FF2020, EuroUSC Italia will contribute to:
- define specifications, workflow and deployment of a digital service tool;
- identify the relevant European legislation, directivities and standards in aviation for what concerns safety and security;
- define the interoperability governance frameworks from a practical point of view;
- lead the regulatory assessment of the different demonstrators of the project;
- execute all the training activities according to the JAA-TO methodologies.
Members of the consortium are: Brainport Development, Serendipity, Verses Global, Maastricht University, Digital Interaction Evolution, Nalantis, EuroUSC Italia, HighTech Campus Eindhoven, Oulun yliopisto, Tartu Science Park Foundation, Ospedale Don Raffaele, Zaragoza City Council.
Stay tuned with the FF2020 project!